Welcome to Woodside Art Studio!

Jill Pratt is a well known watercolour artist who lives in St. Catharines, in the shadow of the escarpment. It is here that she finds constant and abundant inspiration. Whether painting the shores of Sauble Beach, the rugged trails in Tobermory or the vineyards of Niagara, she hopes her watercolours reflect the love and respect she holds for the land.

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Vintage Inspired

I have always had an affection for the ‘tinkle’ sound of a piece of frosted Lucite jewellery. A mixture of glass and acrylic, it was first manufactured by DuPont in the 1930’s for a coating made for aircraft I believe...and in 1936 the first pieces of jewellery were made with it.
My Grandmother had a bracelet and my mother had a floral necklace made with frosted Lucite.
So.....here is my first collection of Lucite jewellery. I have mixed in Swarovski and various metals..... a few examples anyway. I will be at St. Joseph’s Winery in Niagara on the Lake on Dec.1st......



No comments:

Post a Comment